Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
As the Regional Executive Chef
you will review, train and implement culinary processes within Yosemite National Park locations to include establishing proper cooking methods (utilizing established food preparation techniques), plate presentation, portioning, menu development / creativity, & insuring a repeatable operational model that supports consistent food quality, value for dollar and enhances the guest experience. In addition, partnering with BOH leadership to develop team members insuring culinary staff are able to assume additional responsibilities and elevate to higher level roles. Establish alignment between BOH & FOH teams requiring daily collaboration with all staff to insure alignment on goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to define vision.
- Implement culinary vision, define goals and objectives with culinary leadership as it relates to food quality, guest experience & brand establishment
- Develop culinary technical skills, utilizing established industry culinary techniques. Introduce, train & standardize culinary techniques
- Implement processes and procedures to achieve industry recognition (utilize industry "star" rating standards as model.
- Collaborate with executive chef around the performance of operation. Provide feedback and establish developmental plan including realistic short / long term goals
- Support culinary skills training program for all levels of culinary staff & leadership
- Support menu development
- Participate in menu presentations for regular menu and special event menus, to include photos of all menu items & development of menu document for FOH team training purposes
- Integrate best practices as needed throughout F & B department.
- Establish quality standards and expectations to enhance product quality
- Establish strategic improvement plan for all portions of culinary operation including:
- Culinary staff evaluation (size, skill set, potential)
- Menu selections,
- Menu size
- Collaboration with property leadership in concept development
- Identify realistic menu selections based on staff skill set and operational foot print
- Training / development steps for culinary team
- Support local farm to table concept, establish or maintain locally grown product resources
- Support cost initiative through Aramark established waste reduction program
- Insure open communication among food and beverage team FOH / BOH
- Support Celebrity Chef Series if needed at location.
- Update status of progress weekly to LOB Leadership.
- Ensure workplace safety, food safety, HACCP and sanitation programs are in place and are maintained throughout location.
- Lead and assist with implementing Culinary Development Program and recruiting initiatives.
- Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree (preferably a CEC) or 15 + years of industry & culinary management experience.
- 15 + years of experience within the luxury hospitality segment.
- Experience in managing larger volumes of a 1,000 + covers in a multi-unit restaurants and kitchens.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Previous experience with control food & labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.