Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
This position works with business leaders as a financial resource for a $800M+ business. As an integral part of the Southern Region's finance team, this position will work closely with the leadership by providing financial analysis, guidance and support to the regional team in overall management of the business, cost containment and efficiency improvement projects while ensuring the region meets financial and business targets. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership team with analysis of various lines of business and their performance including any special projects to identify and suggest areas of improvement
- Provide tools and analysis to assist the region and branches in managing asset management performance / Accounts Receivable and help improve processes
- Work with leadership team on annual financial plan for the region and branches including timeline development, data management, consolidation, and management presentations
- Provide branch offices with forecasting tools to prepare monthly forecasts. Analyze progress against forecast/plan through various business performance metrics and help drive performance
- Work on management presentations for various regional and headquarter business reviews
- Employ ACE tools along with finance and business team to complete process improvement projects to eliminate process waste and to be more efficient
- Analyze SG&A, overheads, various operating costs and other cost curtailment projects and support the team with periodic updates on the progress
- Work with branch leadership and sales organization supporting them with performance analysis to drive performance.
- Support the branches on SOX activity, controls review and audit preparation
- 2-3+ years of experience in finance
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly develop relationships and partner with line management
- Ability to proactively drive process improvement and interact with all levels within the organization
- Proficiency with MS office and experience in HFM, JDE ERP systems
- Demonstrate effective communication skills that facilitates cross function interaction
- Proven ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrate highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- MBA a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.