McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This role is the lead finance representative for a significant geographical region of The US Oncology Network advising senior management and physician partners on the financial activities, issues and operations of practices throughout the region.
This role has a significant operational finance component with responsibility for providing strategic analysis and effective reporting in partnership with senior leadership to implement targeted growth strategies in support of achievement of the long range plan. This position is responsible for the region’s FP&A and controller functions including the management, preparation and control of the unit’s budgets and forecasts with the aid of all regional financial operations staff.
1. Financial Planning & Analysis:
• Lead monthly reporting/analytics function for region leadership
• Work closely with key business leaders to manage forecasting & budgeting processes
• Partners with practices and management in execution of initiatives to improve the financial performance of practices within the region.
2. Develop methodologies and approaches to ensure key internal performance indicators are incorporated and monitored as the lead for decision support tool development
3. Supports capital expenditure process including new project analysis and ongoing forecasting of regional capital spend.
4. Conducts timely, thorough analysis of practices financial results, including focus on such indicators as discounts, expense analysis/control and related impact and receivables aging. Responsible for approval of practice operating expense spend, financial statement account reconciliations, and internal controls.
5. Supports specific development activities including local/regional product line analysis, projections relating to additional physician recruitment, and on-going acquisitions.
6. Supervision/coaching of practice controllers
8+ years finance or accounting experience including 5+ years managerial experience
• Experience that reflects using financial data and results to influence and impact business outcomes
• Financial Modeling – Demonstrated ability to accurately model the financial aspects and outcomes of business issues using spreadsheets and/or other applicable tools
• Communication Skills – Communicates effectively through oral and written means. Is able to write, speak, and present effectively to various types of audiences. Communicates matters of importance in a timely manner, and effectively communicates one’s position in sensitive consultative situations
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Healthcare Industry experience desired
• SAP, TM1 or Essbase nice to have
• Full P&L experience desired
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
•General Office Demands
•Ability to travel 20-50%
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.