Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Sports And Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. Responsibilities:
As the Regional Finance Director, responsibilities include:
- Management and professional development of the regional finance staff
- Administration of policies and programs, while working with the District Mangers, Regional Staff and Front Line Manager to achieve the Region's financial and operating objectives
- Oversees the budget, projection and closing processes and fosters creative solutions and collaboration with the regional field organization and headquarter support teams to achieve financial objectives.
- Validation of financial data, as compiled by the operational teams for renewal, rebid and new business efforts.
- Identification and ongoing monitoring of under-performing accounts, including leading improvement team to turnaround performance at such accounts
- Assists the Regional Vice President and headquarters staff in administering compliance with Aramark's Business Conduct Policy and related directives (e.g., internal controls at field locations, contract compliance and completion of audits)
- Conducts ongoing training sessions for regional staff regarding new accounting procedures and other relevant financial programs and initiatives
- Assists in the opening of new accounts to ensure sound systems and procedures are in place
- Manages the control of regional assets, including the capital expenditure process, change funds, inventory and equipment
- Monitors working capital requirements, with a particular focus on the administration of accounts receivable and their collection
- Evaluation of potential investments, acquisitions and/or divestitures
- Engages with other regional directors to identify and promote sharing of best practices
Position is responsible for ensuring data integrity, best practices and ongoing compliance with internal and external controls. Work situations vary and require development, analysis, interpretation and implementation of policies, practices and procedures. Position works closely with senior managers across all functions to strengthen internal controls, optimize company growth and profitability.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will possess:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, along with a minimum of 6-8 years finance and/or accounting experience.
- Master's degree and/or CPA are preferable, but not required.
- Proficiency in using a personal computer and prior experience with sophisticated financial computer applications, including Oracle, is preferred.
- It will be essential that the Regional Finance Director have strong analytical and communication skills, as well as experience leading/championing projects.
- This position will require 20% travel, including some overnight travel.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.