Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for a chance to influence the business and set strategy as a finance leader, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a highly motivated, analytical, self-starter to contribute to our continued legacy of financial strength at Otis Elevator in the Western Region of the U.S. This position will support the Southwest-Pacific sub region, consisting of offices in Denver, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Honolulu, Albuquerque/El Paso, Las Vegas and Guam.
As part of the Western Region leadership team, the Regional Finance Manager will have the ability to influence the strategic vision and direction of their sub region. The successful candidate will report directly to Sr. Regional Finance Manager, Western Region and will be based in Denver, CO. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing strategic direction for systems, projects, and programs in area of finance expertise
- Interpreting financial reports, researching accounting issues, and providing monthly variance analyses
- Producing accurate and timely materials for monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews and presentations to senior leadership within the region, Otis Americas and Headquarters as necessary
- Responding to questions and requests for information on financial results and forecasts
- Supporting development of the annual operating plan for the business and oversee planning for all branch entities
- Conducting financial reviews, controls assessments and ad-hoc analysis for all branch offices as needed
- Implementing and providing guidance to branches on company financial policies and procedures
- Applying finance and accounting standards to the business
- Participating in periodic branch audits to ensure compliance with standards and corporate policies
- Driving a culture that embraces UTC's operating system, ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence), striving for continuous and sustained improvement
- As a member of the leadership team for the sub region, recommending and implementing change that is designed to achieve business results
- Minimum 7 years' experience in finance positions of increasing responsibility is required
- Previous senior finance experience in a $500M+ business is preferred
- Previous management leadership experience is highly preferred
- Qualified candidates must have a strong business sense, demonstrated analytical thinking ability, strong organization & process management skills, and effective communication skills that enable customer & cross-functional interaction
- Must be able to effectively influence senior leadership team as well as dispersed branch leaders for desired results
- Previous experience leading change and implementing process improvement
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience with POC (percentage of completion accounting)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective communication / presentation skills required
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Knowledge of JD Edwards highly preferred
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization required
- Travel is necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
- Master's/MBA degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.