BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Regional Food & Safety Specialist oversees all safety, food safety and quality assurance programs throughout clubs in their regional market, as well as supports and trains club team members on safety, food and regulatory standards. Responsibilities include:
- Train and support club team members on safety, regulatory and food safety standards to comply with OSHA, EPA, FDA & USDA regulations.
- Identify opportunities to enhance safety and regulatory compliance at club level and provide guidance to management on long term solutions.
- Conduct Safety & Food Safety audits, and support the clubs with incidents that affect safety, such as power and refrigeration outages, regulatory violations, etc.
- Facilitate training classes and partner closely with the management team when onboarding new team members.
- Build relationships with the club team to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Establish a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in your regional market.
- Work proactively with regulatory authorities and respond to inspections within the market.
- Support clubs with any emergencies, which may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Remain current on industry standards and changes in safety and food quality regulations.
- Job Requirements
- B.S. in Occupational Health and Safety, Food Science, or another Biological Science degree.
- 2+ years of Food Quality Assurance and/or Safety experience in retail, food service, or as a public health officer.
- Certified Professional in Food Safety and/or an OSHA Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and industry best practices related to safety and food quality assurance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented and able to coordinate multiple priorities in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Overnight travel required.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
“For those whose hearts are bigger than their budgets, BJ’s makes it possible to live generously”