Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Regional Operations Manager based at our Hyattsville, MD plant! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! SUMMARY:
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) actively participates as a member of the Area Leadership Team (VP Operations, Safety Director, Area Vice President, Area Branch Operations Coordinator and District Managers) providing strategic and tactical coordination and implementation of flammable operations (site, distribution, warehouse), safety and regulatory compliance, and policy/procedural updates. The ROM champions and promotes a strong safety and compliance culture. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to the Area Leadership Team with asset management reviewing production planning, stocking parameters and asset management to ensure efficient supply chain and inventory management of flammable products. Assists in the sourcing and capacity planning to ensure timely production and delivery of products as it pertains to cylinders, pallets, and trucks. Develops capital expenditure budget(s) and coordinates capital expenditures.
- Provides leadership regarding safe work habits assuring plant monthly safety meetings are conducted and attends meetings to reinforce the safety message and create a positive safety culture. Coordinates annual safety meeting for the area with the Area Leadership Team.
- Reviews production plans and operational schedules for operations and manufacturing activities for flammable products assisting in establishing priorities, the sequencing of manufacturing, and assuring quality specifications are met.
- Drives improvements to Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Compiles, analyzes and reviews production and operating reports and helps to improve/resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Communicates routinely with the Area Leadership Team regarding progress, obstacles, issues and improvements impacting the business. Conducts routine visits to facilities to evaluate performance, safety, compliance and training gaps. Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Provides leadership and guidance on Airgas's incident review committee and supports the development of safety improvement plans.
- In coordination with the Area Leadership Team, develops and communicates site procedures and reports, maintains registrations and permits maintaining compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), state regulations and Airgas Policies & Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices specific to the site. Coordinates with the Area Branch Operations Coordinator (ABOC) to assure operations procedures, SAP procedures and training are applied.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring plant associates are trained in Safety Management System (SMS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and other regulatory policies and operations areas. Supports branch associates with same training.
- Assists with review of delivery sites and standards to assure safe deliveries.
- Leads in accordance with company policies by hiring, training, motivating, planning and directing work, managing performance and resolving associate issues.
- Provides customer support for operational requirements including site visits as needed.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management degree or related area is highly preferred; Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing and distribution operations leadership experience from a related industry; preferably industrial gas
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following areas: compliance with applicable federal/state regulations, gases and related hard goods, DOT regulations, truck and trailer loading limits, cylinder markings, test dates, pressure ratings, ICC markings, placarding, hazardous material classifications, DOT driver qualifications and record keeping, vehicle purchasing and maintenance requirements, accident reporting, and safety and compliance.
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrated ability to balance customer service and cost of service issues; demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers and with handling proprietary information.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills with ability to work in a matrixed organization to achieve results
- Achieves results with a sense of urgency addressing the time sensitive needs of customers, sales, customer service and other operations personnel
- Financial acumen for articulating ROC, and other metrics utilized by business professionals when considering inventory purchases.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and to create cross-functional alignment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow through.
- SAP proficiency is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel throughout area (up to 60% of work time); must have reliable transportation and possess a valid US Driver's License
- Must be able to work occasional weekends, maintain "on-call" status, and travel when required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.