Regional Pricing Coordinator (Job Number: 024418)
US-NY-New Hyde Park
Long Island NY - 1983 MARCUS AVE.
1983 MARCUS AVE STE 200
NEW HYDE PARK 11042
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Under the direction of the Regional Merchandise Manager, coordinates the pricing function for local merchandise in assigned regions and ensures Walgreens' prices are competitive. Makes pricing strategy recommendations to management when opportunities for improvement arise in order to maximize sales and profit and in their assigned areas. Responsible for communicating changes related to merchandise pricing in assigned region(s).
Responsible for creating and updating local ad batches for regional promotional activities, corrective ads, and ad batches for new and existing stores.
Ensures local vendors are in full compliance with current company standards including providing proof of adequate insurance, proper documentation with regard to licensing agreements, trade agreements, etc. Job Responsibilities
- Collects data to ensure that the pricing for local merchandise is competitive for assigned regions. Provides management with insights into pricing opportunities and makes recommendations on solutions.
- Collaborates with Operations Trainers, Regional Merchandise Managers, Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Support, and the Price/Promo Department on the integration of new stores and systems by ensuring a valid self-service price zone and all pertinent markets/catalogs have been assigned. Ensures correct pricing has reached store's AS400, once the new store has opened.
- Ensures alignment with Localization strategies and initiatives through managing catalogs, accurate pricing and maintaining accurate vendor status.
- Serves as a point of contact for store inquiries and requests related to local merchandise. Resolves issues such as missing-retails, item code/item code linking (milk), item linking issues, IT issues, vendor accounts payable issues, resets/revisions, vendor catalogs needing refreshes, and new/not on file/not scanning items. Responsible for communicating solutions to assigned impacted regions.
- Provides sales reports on local vendors/catalogs to determine sales performance and identify sell-through, commitment, forecast and replenishment opportunities. Presents findings to regional management as needed.
- Leads the collection of competitive data in assigned region(s), utilizing the assistance of stores to shop nearby key competitors, and input data into the Central Pricing (CPI) tool, for the purpose of ensuring data is available on each key value item (KVI) priced corporately in accordance with target competitive indices. Recommends CPI improvements to ensure efficiency and lowered costs.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining bottle deposit of new and existing items in required states (as required).
- Creates local ad batches for regional promotional activities, corrective ads, markdowns and ad batches. Requests new stores or closed stores to be added/ deleted from media and local ad manager.
- Collaborates with vendors and regional management to ensure catalogs are properly maintained and opening orders for new programs are facilitated correctly.
- Ensures vendors are in full compliance with current company standards including food safety compliance, adequate vendor insurance, proper documentation for licensing agreements, vendor agreements (NDA/GTA/VMA), funding and vendor contact information is up to date and accurate. Maintains vendor documents related to program and product agreements/contracts cease and desist communications and vendor maintenance request communication.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in retail, CPG, Sales, or Marketing.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, marketing, or business.
- Experience with systems such as Suppliernet and AIS.
- Experience with competitive price intelligence products.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.