GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Regional Product Compliance Leader - Americas
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Schenectady, Greenville, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Santiago
Regional Product Compliance Leader - Americas is responsible for researching and communicating country / region specific requirements to meet local laws, codes and standards. The Regional Product Compliance Leader - Americas collaborates with the regional teams to assess new market entry and keeps the business current on any change in requirements in established markets.
As the Regional Product Compliance Leader - Americas, you will:
* Be responsible for certificate expertise to drive efficient market entry & win new deals
* Identify, fulfill & track critical certification requirements
* Proactively educate the PLL (Product Line Leader) team on regional permits & certificate requirements
* Monitor, interpret, understand and communicate the various product regulatory and safety regulations
* Own product compliance for respective region
* Be the primary interface with government agencies
* Partner with Product Managers and engineering to incorporate regional compliance requirements into design
* Partner with government relations team to influence policy on product compliance
* Bachelor's Degree in a legal discipline
* Considerable relevant experience in the wind / power industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Advanced Degree with applicable industry experience
* Practical understanding of current / new wind turbine technologies of GE and the competitive landscape
* Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations
* Proven experience in certification and permits
* Strong interpersonal, team building skills and customer focus; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations
* Strong customer service mindset
* Fluent in English, read SpanishSelf-starter with high energy and ability to energize others
* Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.