Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer U.S. LLC seeks a Regional Product Specialist for a work-at-home position in Sarasota, FL, to lead the product development of watermelon for Central America, Mexico and the U.S.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Product Specialist, are to:
Who you are Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values.
- advising the crop sales manager and crop team members regarding adaptations in the seed varieties coming from R&D as well as from seed technology with respect to new seed treatments and/or new seed forms for watermelon;
- designing reliable and international trial programs to assess the field performance of experimental hybrids;
- coordinating and executing the trial program;
- analyzing and processing the trial program data;
- providing advice to the crop sales manager regarding the assortment and long-term crop design process in order to contribute to the success of the crop(s);
- advising the crop sales manager regarding the production plan for trial varieties;
- initiating and proposing variety registration and application for plant breeder rights as well as naming of promising trial varieties;
- providing technical support to the sales department and customers targeted for marketing; and
- providing advice in advancing from screening all the way through to trial level in order to support the commercial success of the crop.
More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Agronomy and five (5) years of experience conducting trials and screenings for watermelon crop production.
- adaptability of watermelon crop to different growing conditions;
- methods of watermelon production including ecological and cultural practices;
- crop/business practices in U.S./Mexico/Central American regions;
- fluent (reading/writing/speaking) in Spanish; and
- willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.