McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Current NeedMcKesson Medical- Surgical, Operations is seeking a Regional Project Manager to join our East Operations Team in one of the following locations: Clear Brook, VA; Rock Hill, SC; Fairfield, NJ; Harrisburg, PA; Jacksonville, FL; Manchester, NY; New Britain, CT; Northborough, MA; Orlando, FL; Pittsburg, PA or Rochester, NY. It is strongly preferred if the candidate works from one of these DC locations but can also reside within the geography of this region.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This leadership role will be responsible for a variety of key initiatives to deliver efficiencies and cost savings within the East Region as well as to provide insight and support to the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) and Regional Vice President (RVP). You will be able to leverage your experience in successfully developing both safety and quality management programs in this role as well as working on key projects across all of the regions.
This analytical leadership role will provide you with opportunities to dig deep to determine the root cause of issues/metrics and provide your recommendations to leadership. Spending time at our 12 Distribution Centers (DCs) within the East Region will be a key component of this role as it will allow you to better understand each DC’s unique building, systems, workforce, etc. and how that factors into their overall performance. A potential career path for this role would be a Distribution Center Leader (DCL) or an Operations Manager role at a large distribution center in this region or across the US network.
- Develop actions plans to address opportunity areas in the region’s DCs such as defects per million opportunities (DPMO), customer, packing slip issues, process flows, and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Ownership of internal audit process, site security, compliance and fire safety programs within the region.
- Analyze quality control/ scale tolerances issues and provide methodical approach to maximize the efficiency of DC Operations in these areas.
- Ensure best practices are being leveraged across the network by developing relationships with peer group (other regional project managers) and inspecting DC sites.
- Identify, plan and coordinate projects focused on improving labor productivity, quality, etc that support a lean distribution operations system.
- Dissect Labor Management System (LMS) reporting and provides weekly feedback to ROM/RVP on performance to standards, observation platform compliance and program control.
- During DC visits, RPM conducts process audits by department to ensure standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are being followed and provides summary to ROM/RVP.
- Support ROM to ensure any operational concerns are resolved prior to customer on-boarding for smooth transition.
- Assist ROM on facilitating delivery model changes within the region to include DC alignment and maintaining network wide standards and associated timeline.
- Facilitate quality control customer reporting and management for the DCs for ease of use and reference.
- Encourage employee engagement and recognition programs within the region.
- Support DCLs and their Leadership Teams with analytical insight on operations and opportunity areas.
- Coordinate and lead joint Operations and Sales Team calls on a monthly basis.
- Lead training initiatives at specific DC’s where hot spots have been identified.
- Compile and review financial data for DC Operations and share trending/opportunity areas.
- Assist ROM on capital plan management for the region to include validating the need, reviewing investment opportunities, creating purchase orders and executing on the plan.
- Monitor DC reporting/budget to ensure any issues are proactively addressed.
- Ability to transition into DCL role within 3-5 years.
- Able to make decisions independently while taking into account the broader network and best practices.
- Successfully develop relationships with DCLs in the Region.
- Determine and lead project initiatives within Operations to deliver efficiencies and cost savings.
- Take initiative to resolve any DC issues proactively and with sense of urgency.
7+ years operational experience including 4+ years managerial experienceCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 3+ years of operations warehouse leadership experience
- 3+ years experience with E1 platform or comparable warehouse management systems
- Must reside in the region currently or be willing to relocate within the region
- Must be able to travel 50-75% throughout the region (at times on short notice)
- Labor Management System/Workforce Management System experience preferred
- Ability to influence indirect team of DCLs and local DC Leadership Teams on various initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills (with warehouse/delivery professionals and customers)
- Have demonstrated success record in developing and leading cross-functional project teams that deliver cost savings
- Energetic and has ability to lead and energize others
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and takes initiative/ownership
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate well both written and verbal
- Strong ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement strategic initiatives across the region
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities; detail-oriented
- Consistent proven track record of achieving key performance metrics and staying within budget
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing both safety and quality management programs
- Knowledge of lean/Six Sigma operating methodology. (Six Sigma Green/Black Belt or Lean certification a plus)
4-year degree or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.