At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Regional Safety Coach that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the Safety Manager. The Regional Safety Coach oversees the company's safety program in the Northern California Region and will be based out of Concord, CA. The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of safety processes and procedures as well as administrative duties related to Safety.
- Promote safety culture across the organization
- Ensure OSHA and company policy compliance
- Extend safety support to field operations
- Coordinate and perform routine safety audits
- Perform routine safety equipment inspections
- Monitor and reduce PPE costs
- Analyze Safety KPI's and development Safety Improvement Plans (SPI)
- Perform safety trainings to field personnel
- Complete Root Cause/Lessons Learned reports
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of local OSHA standards
- Ability to meet deadlines as well as set and hold others to deadlines
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to create new projects and work with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with other departments and within own department
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- 3+ years of experience in a related field
- Safety Specific certifications/trainings preferred
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.