Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Regional Safety Manager to provide representation and oversight of all aspects of safety related to service delivery within our U.S. Services organization. This role is accountable for ensuring all US Services personnel are trained and maintaining compliance with all OSHA, NFPA, other codes, laws, company policies and procedures. This includes creation, preparation, review and facilitation of all monthly and annual required training and certification courses for our US Services employees, creation and review of all customer safety requirements and site safety audits. This role reports to the Director, Safety and Environment, US Services and supports all Operations and Business Units within that area. Role will interface closely with our SERE organization.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to satisfactorily perform each of these duties:
· Assists SERE with development, publishing and training of safety and environmental programs consistent with regulations and company policy.
· Assist with creation of job hazard analysis for work tasks.
· Oversight and support of Field Safety Audits
· Standards compliance
· 100% compliance for all training mandates.
· Incident investigation and corrective action. Develop preventive safety measures and programs to prevent recurrence.
· Standardized PPE Issue and regular review for compliance
· Guidance/MOP’s associated with product related safety issues
· Safety policy creation and review
· Monthly safety topic creation and review
· Work with peers to ensure Country wide standardization and practice.
· Facilitate annual safety training.
· Maintains required records, prepares reports and files as necessary to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
· Organize and coordinate emergency response.
· Assist in providing direction and leading Safety Committee
· Interface and assist Regions with all mandated 3 rd party safety platforms including DISA, PICS, ISN, etc.
Education and Experience
• College degree or equivalent work experience directly related to Safety, Health and Environmental regulations and policies. Focus on Electrical safety and Services safety a plus.
• Experience leading and developing teams to achieve improved results, which are measured through Target Zero safety incidents and 100% compliance with all mandates.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to proficiently address multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Must be organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and cognizant of satisfying deadlines
• Skilled in use of Microsoft Office platform.
• Extensive travel via auto and air at least 50% of time within Region.
• Occasional travel outside of Region for meetings and training events.
Must maintain a valid state vehicle operator's license.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.