Regional Sales Executive, Small Commercial Nashville, TN The Hartford
This successful sales leader will align agency goals thru specific initiatives to drive profitable growth. Responsible for utilizing various financial tools/metrics to monitor overall sales plan results and takes appropriate actions RESPONSIBILITIES: Agency Management/Agency Planning
- Develops a deep understanding of the agency footprint within the territory.
- Build and leverage key agency relationships and resources to maximize market share.
- Provides strategic and operational direction to the sales team to identify and uncover new business development opportunities.
- Sets territory goals and objectives through implementing the sales planning process.
- Develops a thorough understanding of geographic sales territory, including the number and mix of agencies that have the market reach to meet the office's financial objectives.
- Develops deep knowledge of territorial market conditions to understand how to leverage Hartford product, services and resources within the marketplace to maximize business development opportunities.
- Aligns and deploys Hartford resources to capture desired market share in territory. Manages and monitors results to ensure actions and plans produce desired outcomes, adjusting as needed.
- Attracts, selects, develops, and retains high caliber talent.
- Effectively manages staff through coaching and performance management.
- Successfully executes the P&C consultative sales process.
- Removes obstacles and sets clear direction for the staff. Fosters staff development and establishes clear individual and team expectations.
- Provides milestones to enable staff to measure progress.
- Provides timely and constructive feedback to staff and manages performance.
- Develops and manages talent pipeline to ensure adequate staff levels to meet anticipated business needs. Recognizes and rewards employees who exceed expectations.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- BA/BS degree, advanced degree preferred and/or relevant industry experience and designations
- A minimum of 5 years outside sales, agency/territorial management experience
- A minimum of 4 years of directly account able for a sales team, P/L, performance assessments, succession planning.
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD