We are World Courier, an AmerisourceBergen Company; World Courier is a provider of premium logistics services and the leading global specialty supplier of transportation, storage and distribution services for multinational biopharmaceutical clinical trials. With more than 2,500 employees in more than 50 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This is a field based sales role that requires extensive travel (including overnight travel) within the designated territory covering IL, IN, MI, WI, and MN. The incumbent will ideally live in the greater Chicago, IL area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting territory revenue growth as set by management.
- Researches potential customers and qualified contacts on his/her own accord
- Completes monthly meeting requirement with new prospects and existing customers as agreed upon with direct manager.
- Knowledge and ability to sell all World Courier services (transport & CSS) to include integration of other ABC services where applicable (ICS)
- Plans customer visits and creates a plan of action.
- Visits current and potential customers and carries out sales conversations with the goal of obtaining new & cross sales
- Keeps Sales-Force.com (CRM) current with customer data, opportunities, and leads.
- Timely follow up on requests for information from Regional Sales Director.
- Creates sales presentations for potential customers
- Completes follow up on potential customers.
- Maintains all current market data on competition and forwards any observations to Regional Sales Director
- Accepts queries from customers and writes offers with the support of Operations / Customer Service.
- Attends weekly CCS calls and all calls relevant to responsibilities (KAM etc)
- Attends sales training, and other job related meetings.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments in the market and new products or services of World Courier as well as those of the competition.
- Represents the corporation at trade-fairs and conventions;
- Be available for national and international business trips, if applicable
- Ability to formulate, communicate and implement short and long term strategies.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical (research drug) supply chain sales environment preferred
- Cold chain logistics experience highly preferred
- Experience in clinical pharmaceutical space preferably research drug phase
- Extensive knowledge of biotechnology sales environment, biologics industry and related procedures, regulations, and standards, as well as quality programs is highly desired
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
- Ability to formulate, communicate, and implement short and long-term strategies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.