The Boston based RSE will report to the Division Sales Executive and manage between 4-7 sales representatives depending on the size of the Region. The Regional Sales Executive will direct, implement and drive The Hartford's disciplined Small Commercial sales process throughout an assigned territory. This role is responsible for setting priorities for the territory, building a strong team which fosters collaboration, open dialogue, while involving staff in critical decision making and planning initiatives. The Regional Sales Executive is responsible for building and executing a sales strategy that results in driving profitable annual new written premium, new policy count, and total written premium goals for the Region. The RSE is also expected to develop strong relationships with Small Commercial's key trading partners. Agency Management/Agency Planning:
Develops a deep understanding of the agency footprint within the territory; their needs and capabilities. The Regional Sales Executive will build and leverage key agency relationships and resources to maximize market share. Provides strategic and operational direction to the sales team to identify and uncover new business development opportunities. Sets territory goals and objectives through implementing the sales planning process. This successful sales leader will align agency goals thru specific initiatives to drive profitable growth. Responsible for utilizing various financial tools/metrics to monitor overall sales plan results and takes appropriate actions. Territorial Management:
Develops a thorough understanding of geographic sales territory, including the number and mix of agencies that have the market reach to meet the office's financial objectives. Develops deep knowledge of territorial market conditions to understand how to leverage Hartford product, services and resources within the marketplace to maximize business development opportunities. Aligns and deploys Hartford resources to capture desired market share in territory. Manages and monitors results to ensure actions and plans produce desired outcomes, adjusting as needed. Talent Management:
Attracts, selects, develops, and retains high caliber talent. Effectively manages staff through coaching and performance management. Successfully executes the P&C consultative sales process. Removes obstacles and sets clear direction for the staff. Fosters staff development and establishes clear individual and team expectations. Provides milestones to enable staff to measure progress. Provides timely and constructive feedback to staff and manages performance. Develops and manages talent pipeline to ensure adequate staff levels to meet anticipated business needs. Recognizes and rewards employees who exceed expectations. Qualifications: Qualifications:
Behaviors at the Hartford
- BA/BS degree, advanced degree preferred and/or relevant industry experience and designations (i.e., CIC, CPCU, ARM)
- A minimum of 7 years outside sales, agency/territorial management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of directly account able for a sales team, P/L, performance assessments, succession planning.
- Heavy focus and prioritization on agents/external customers
- Highly regarded for leadership capabilities and relationship skills (previous experience in insurance required)
- Strong financial, business and sales acumen
- Solid communication/presentation skills
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD