The Regional Sales manager is the market leader responsible for profitable growth through improved staffing, increased productivity and focus on target products within P&C, Life and small commercial. Specific goals are set for each market which roll up to support overall corporate success. Results are achieved by supporting in market captive agent through improved business practices and increase staffing through active recruiting, hiring and onboarding.
- Manages a team of associates responsible for promoting and selling Property and Casualty, Life and Commercial products directly to individual clients.
- Directs Property and Casualty, Life and Commercial sales activities within a defined geographic or product area.
- Increases business growth by communicating and educating, identifying opportunities, and removing barriers for direct sales staff.
- Develops, recommends, and monitors sales and marketing plans and budgets for assigned region.
- Manages and develops producers and/or management personnel who provide direct sales service and support to specific regions.
- Assists Property and Casualty direct sales staff with increasing sales by developing and maintaining strong relationships within assigned region.
- May recruit and hire new direct sales staff for the territory.
- May identify training needs and develop and/or deliver training programs
- Strong record of managing success sales staff toward profitable growth in Personal Lines, Life and small commercial within the defined market.
- Solid understanding of the market including competition, preferred markets and network of potential agent candidates, 5 – 10 years in market experience preferred.
- Proven experience in recruiting, hiring and onboarding of new agent hires with track record of continued success in the business.
- Strong coaching skills and ability to manage change with experienced and new agents in support of corporate goals and initiatives.
- License requirement include P&C, Life and Commercial (preferred).
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
Property & Casualty
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.