What you will do
Under general direction, the Air Distribution Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing the York / JCI Air Distribution Business including York Chilled Beams, Underfloor Air Distribution, Fans, EcoAdvance, Energy Recovery Ventilators, Fan Coils and Variable Air Volume Terminals by generating sales and margin growth with assigned BSNA and Agent partners. The Regional Sales Manager is to achieve his / her objectives through the mentoring and training of field sales personnel and helping drive business in the assigned region with strategic customers. In his/her role the Air Distribution Business Regional Sales Manager will work closely with the Air Systems VP of Sales and Marketing, and other Regional Sales Managers, to assist in the setting of sales goals, development of individual market plans, and the closing of strategic projects. He/she will also work closely with the York Applications and Marketing Teams to coordinate support needed to best serve the field and ensure maximum revenues through account penetration. This individual is expected to conduct themselves with the highest level of business ethics and integrity. How you will do it
The Air Distribution Business Regional Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing sales resource utilization in pursuit of air distribution business, leading to attainment of revenue and margin goals. He/She will need to establish and sustain important internal and external relationships with key channel personnel and the various product business teams.
• Actively involved in industry associations
• Participates in industry, customer, and product trade shows and events
• Works with fellow Regional Sales Managers, BSNA Area Equipment Sales Managers, BSNA Account Managers, Product Teams, and Air Systems VP Sales and Marketing to maximize Air Distribution Business results
• Works with Air Distribution Regional Sales Managers, BSNA Area Equipment Sales Managers and Air Systems VP Sales and Marketing to obtain annual volume, margin and growth objectives for designated sales offices, and total business
• Works with assigned field sales offices and agents to target and qualify opportunities and strategic project closure
• Provides input to Air Systems VP Sales and Marketing and York Product Teams for: strategic programs, pricing, competitive feedback, sales promotions, marketing programs, new product offerings, tools and applications.
• Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns and actions accordingly. Astute business acumen and communicates effectively with channel partners.
• Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment. Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
• Using account management principles the Air Distribution Regional Sales Manager assists / conducts annual strategic account review sessions with select target offices with identified key players in the strategic account. He/she also builds and fosters team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Frequently rationalizes the current key and targeted customer portfolio, ensuring resources are focused on those customers with growth potential.
• Attends sales meetings and reports sales activity, new account development, and searches out new sales partner opportunities.
• Possesses knowledge of the product lines to create awareness and demand for products with existing and potential customers.
• Drive sales by providing technical sales support to customers, branches, agents and consulting engineers, with an ability to identify relevant opportunities and act on them quickly to drive sales.
o Turn around jobs efficiently and accurately with an understanding of the consequences of incorrect product design.
o Provide pricing support, including competitive budget pricing of non-standard options
o Manage projects from concept to shipment and follow-up regularly to ensure projects are completed expeditiously.
o Continually be informed on industry trends, standards and competition. Assist the field sales organization in providing specification and competitive analysis.
• Provide technical application support to the field sales organization
o Assist the field sales organization in developing project designs/layouts
• Provide written specifications
• Coordinate customer requests with factory for submittal documents
• Awareness of how HVAC equipment, such as chillers and controls, systematically interface with products
o Provide occasional technical application support to the field sales organization
• Additional Responsibilities
o Maintain updated reports
o Maintain Open Globe to track account management
o Recommend cost savings and value engineering ideas
o Provide application training to field and end user customers
o Collaborate with all other BSNA product channels to collectively drive sales What we look for Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or equivalent sales and technical experience.
- Minimum of six years progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC industry with demonstrated track record of success.
- Technical knowledge of HVAC product lines a must
- Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations.
- Able to travel a minimum of 50%.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .