Job Description: Please note that our preference is to find a candidate with sales experience in the Chicago metropolitan area: Cook and Collar counties.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
- Developing sales opportunities to targeted user segments.
- Provide training and education to authorized distributors on products and sales
- Submit information from distributors and end users to assist the company in programs and product improvements to enhance Scott's position in the marketplace as required.
- Represent Scott Safety at trade associations, industry meetings, fire schools, combat challenges and conferences providing liaison between distributors and customer users.
- Expand, develop, enhance, and manage territory distribution/agent networks.
- Develop and implement distributor annual business plans.
- With the distributor, develop and implement key user account strategic and tactical plans that insure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales and profit goals.
- Achieve annual territory business plan sales, marketing, profit, and budget goals.
- Prepare and execute sales proposals, contracts, letters, and other customer correspondence.
- Provide selective reports to management on competitive offerings, pricing, key market information, forecasts for bookings and shipments, and new product developments.
- Provide technical support to agents, distributors, and key end users within region (Chicago metropolitan area: Cook and collar counties).
- A four year degree with a BS degree in chemistry, engineering, physics or marketing
- Minimum 3-5 years of Sales experience (Safety or Industrial Sales preferred).
- Commercial Experience with technical products
- Candidate will have a successful history in the management of distribution partners.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.