Eaton’s Circuit Protection Division is seeking a Regional Sales
Manager - Military, Midwest Region. The Regional Sales Manager
will be based out of a remote office within the Midwest territory. No relocation is being offered for this role.
Only candidates that currently reside in the following states will be
considered: Michigan, Ohio, Indiana,
Illinois, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.
The Regional Sales Manager’s primary function is to drive
customer satisfaction and growth with key OEM, Tier 1 or sub-supplier customers
in the military and aerospace segments by utilizing platform data and executing
annual business plans in alignment with customer strategies. This includes electrical solutions involving
military power electrical conversion products, including AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC
power supplies, EMI filters, power factor correction modules, and stand alone,
integrated or “brick” modules, plus
military or commercially applicable connectors, wiring harnesses and cabling
for the military market. This involves
assessment of customer needs and platform requirements, recommendation of
existing product, modifying existing product or defining capabilities and
requirements for new designs.
- Facilitates application design wins and
achieves product print position for Military and Aerospace products by leading
major new business capture campaigns utilizing the CRM (Customer Relationship
Management) 7 stage selling process and tool.
- Acts as the “voice of the customer” for all
business aspects. Is the Customer Needs
and Wants (CNW) expert for the account;
gathers and communicates advanced technology needs and market trends
through a deep understanding of the customers’ business, strategic direction,
challenges, threats and opportunities.
- Independently develops and grows customer
base in the military, aerospace and adjacent industries by developing and
executing a successful global, platform driven, sales strategy utilizing
Eaton’s value cycle skills.
- Develops and manages key relationships at
customer executive levels. Owns the customer relationship map and manages a
contact plan. Facilitates leadership
interaction and communication.
- Develops and maintains strong links with
other Eaton businesses that service like customers and markets.
- Provides competitive intelligence on peer
company/competitor activities at the account.
- Identifies and communicates early-stage
customer platforms and product application opportunities.
- Coordinates appropriate project activity
between the Transportation, Military & Aerospace Division and the customer
- Manages pre and post-order key account
activity and requirements.
- Maintain technology and market expertise
through participation in industry standards organizations and trade shows.
- Provides periodic technical training for the
sales channel (direct and representatives) and customers.
- Performs other duties as required to achieve
departmental and business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited
- Minimum 7 years general sales experience of
electrical products, managing end customers and manufacturers' representatives
- Must be legally authorized to work in the
United States without company sponsorship
- Must possess and maintain a valid and
unrestricted driver’s license
- This position requires use of information or
access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident
(i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is provided for this role. Only
candidates that currently reside in the following states will be considered:
Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years commercial or technical
experience in the military power supply or connector markets with focus on
military vehicle and aerospace applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large
multi-location high profile strategic accounts
- Technical/selling as it relates to power
supplies, connectors and harness related electric/electronics, electrical
theory surrounding basic electricity including power conversion topologies and
mechanical technology preferred
- Additional language skills a plus
- Ability to travel domestically up to 75% of
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal
and written - with ability to make reports to Eaton Executive level and
presentations to the highest level within the customer organization
- Strong professional presence inspiring
respect at the customers and within Eaton
- Strong ability to influence the directions
and attainment of objectives without having direct control over resources.
Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to think “Out of the Box” and provide
- Proficient with Microsoft Business Software
(e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledgeable in the sales cycle and business
- Strong change and adaptability skills as well
as business acumen (Corporate Structure, Field Sales, etc.)
- Strong team player that actively contributes
to the group’s success
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking
skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Organized, self-motivated and a proven
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.