Your tasks and responsibilities
- The primary responsibilities of this role, Regional Sales Manager - Pulmonary Rare Disease, are to:
- Manage and develop pulmonary field sales personnel and meet an established sales quota;
- Train, supervise, motivate and establish objectives for each Cardiopulmonary sales representative to attain or exceed sales objectives;
- Influence hard to see physicians, develop opinion leaders, develop customized sales goals, create pull through sales plans and marketing efforts, analyze sales metrics and develop skills and knowledge of knowledge of team in a compliant manner, as well as, administrative effectiveness;
- Attract and develop high performing sales teams;
- Be responsible and accountable for implementing the field sales plan in their defined sales region ensuring that sales and overall objectives are met;
- Help develop speaker programs of benefit to the entire region;
- Responsible for sales and is managing 8-10 sales people and support personnel.
The Midwest region covers Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, and Kansas leading a team of 8 - 10 sales people and support personnel. Associated overnight travel will be required. Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Eight (8) years of experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry;
- Selling and sales supervisory experience;
- Experience in attracting and managing a staff;
- Overnight travel as required;
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in orphan disease field of cardiology and / or pulmonology;
- Previous experience in launching new products or indications;
- Previous marketing, sales training, sales operations, and managed care;
- Successful track record in field management defined as consecutive years of increased sales or market share.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
TX-Dallas, WY-Cheyenne, OK-Oklahoma City, UT-Salt Lake City, SD-Sioux Falls, NE-Lincoln, TX-Houston, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, KS-Topeka
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.