Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position will supervise a team of Sales Reps working with large Ruminant production operations focusing on Beef and Dairy, Vet practices and regional distribution. Position will be responsible for coaching and developing the Team with emphasis on strategic planning and enhancing the business to business relationship between Merck Animal Health and the customer base. The candidate will be expected to develop relationships with key decision makers within the customer base.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages, trains, coaches and provides direction to a sales team; works to build cohesive teams by hiring and making appropriate promotional recommendations. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback; conducts formal and informal performance reviews, managing employee relations issues with the team. Recognizes employee success and communicates to the team providing constructive feedback. Proficient at resolving conflict.
- Coordinate all sales efforts within the assigned region. Maintains knowledge of key customers in all sales territories. Prepares and implements a comprehensive region business plan, ensuring consistent product program implementation and sales goal attainment.
- Make recommendations for sales coverage, distribution, utilization of Tech Services, consultants and all other factors affecting sales volume within the region.
- Relate to MAH management information from Field Sales Reps as to customer sales potential, product sales potential, etc.
- Help plan, make arrangements for, and execute sales meetings required to optimize sales effort.
- Keep MAH management informed of competitive activities, industry trends, etc.
- Assist the National Sales Director in developing marketing plans, business and sales plans and all other factors affecting sales volume within the region.
- Attend conventions, handle exhibits, and plan for booth coverage for conventions within the sales region.
- Coordinate Tech Services needs within the region to optimize sales.
- Manage expenses for the region to stay within budgetary guidelines.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (Animal Science, Agribusiness, Marketing, or Business degrees preferred)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience with at least 5 years sales experience.
- Must have a solid understanding of the agriculture industry
- Will be expected to offer a high level of proficiency and demonstrate success regarding:
- Technical, Product & Market Knowledge.
- Territory & Business Management.
- Selling Skills
- Leadership and teams building
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have demonstrated ability in public speaking to small and large audiences
- Successful candidate must live within the boundaries of the region (or relocate within the region)
- Must be available for extensive overnight travel (75%)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Marketing, People Management and/or Strategic Account Management
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement