THIS POSITION IS FOR A SALES REPRESENTATIVE IN THE CTS (CUSTOM TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS) BUSINESS. THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL DESIGN SOLUTIONS THAT ENHANCE EACH CUSTOMERS BUSINESS OPERATIONS, WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACHIEVING SALES GOALS, WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ACQUIRING NEW BUSINESS
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling activities to account(s) in their portfolio.VP. This position requires a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a strong desire to succeed in sales. If you are financially driven, highly disciplined and are a competitive sales professional, this is the job for you. You will use a consultative sales approach, will prospect for new business, and execute strategic account plans and recommend solutions based on customer needs. You must have current experience in one of the following modes of transportation: LTL, Truckload or Same Day/Next Day Courier.
Performs core-selling activities, including sales call preparation, price negotiation, execution of sales calls, and post-call analysis and reporting.
Understands and sells services and solutions that apply to the customer’s value chain.
Develops and maintains Account Plans and integrates efforts with other sales reps on targeted accounts as appropriate.
Champions the value proposition and ensures customer satisfaction with selling efforts before, during, and post-sale.
Prospects for new business within target market segments, qualifies and evaluates prospects.
Negotiates terms and finalizes sales including appropriate documentation; wraps up loose ends; and ensures seamless transition of post-sale service activities.
Works with marketing to evaluate new market segments and geographic markets.
Achieve sales and expense budget goals.
Other duties as assigned.
-Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.Minimum 5 years in sales or related operations roles. Prior experience in either LTL, Truckload or Same Day/Next Day Courier is required.
- The ideal candidate must be self-driven with an entrepreneurial edge, and have experience working on both small and large accounts
- Candidates must possess a confident personality suitable for handling cold calls and account management. Excellent presentation, organization, verbal and written communication are mandatory. Candidates are expected to be able to converse fluently at all contact levels within an organization (from Junior to C-level).
- Good analytical thinking and ability to solve problems. Ability to apply market knowledge relative to competition, market share, opportunities, etc. is essential.
-Candidates must possess and subscribe to high work and business ethics, and be extremely self motivated.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel in a local territory
-Demonstrated experience in analyzing trends, pricing and competitive programs is a must.
- Knowledge of local geographic area
-PC proficiency required