At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Regional Sales Representative for the Construction & Industrial Markets, Electrical Markets Division located in New Orleans, LA. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Regional Sales Representative will be responsible for growing sales in Louisiana for the Construction and Industrial segments. This person will be working closely with key end user customers including electrical and industrial contractors. In addition, this person will need to have the ability to grow business and build relations at all customer levels including end users (90% of time) and key distributor personnel (10% of time).
Must live within territory. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads sales to grow sales for C&I business in the assigned territory.
- Implements sales plans, promotions, and directives as set by division management.
- Determines sales plan for specified territory.
- Supports end-users and distribution as necessary.
- Works on a team with other C&I reps and partner 3M divisions.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Direct Sales and/or Electrical Construction / Industrial experience
- Sales experience in the Electrical Construction and Electrical Industrial Markets
- Aptitude to understand and train customers on multiple product lines and applications
- Field/Channel sales experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to all levels
- Ability to qualify and prioritize sales opportunities within their assigned territory
- Experience working in a matrix environment or large complex organization
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- MBA is preferred
- Secondary language skills preferred
- Strong computer skills, Database management: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Salesforce.com
: New Orleans, LASales Territory:
State of LousianaTravel:
Up to 50% overnight travel within the territory is anticipatedRelocation:
Relocation is not authorized About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.