W hy Join Prudential?
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together across a multitude of disciplines. Together, we are building a better financial future for our customers and our communities around the globe. At Prudential, we understand that a company is only as good as its people. This simple fact is central to all that we do. We call it “the Talent Mindset” – a company-wide commitment to attract and develop the dedicated professionals whose insights, innovation, and hard work fuel our success and make us a global leader in financial services.
As a Regional Sales Vice President (RSVP) in Individual Life Insurance, you will become a significant part of our expanding Institutional Distribution Channel. You will increase sales of individual life insurance products through financial advisors located in wirehouses, banks and identified independent broker dealers in Oklahoma. Your primary focus will be on point of sale activities. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Does this sound like you? Our successful candidate has:
- Accountable for sales results within assigned territory through financial advisor relationships, including assisted (point of sale) and unassisted sales activity, primarily through a point of sale focus
- Develop and execute individual sales plan to meet or exceed annual sales goal
- Meet assigned activity requirements (e.g., assisted sales calls with financial advisors) and firm production goals
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Prudential's products, services and programs, and effectively use this knowledge to compete/sell in the marketplace
- Identify potential financial advisors within assigned territory and create sales opportunities
- Provide initial and on-going training to financial advisors within the territory in the use/sale of Prudential’s products and services
- Present financial advisors with sales ideas to assist them in selling Prudential’s products and meet with clients when appropriate
- Practice effective expense management; complete and submit accurate expense reports in a timely manner
- Effective liaison between the Home Office and financial advisors with regards to underwriting, commissions, customer service, licensing questions, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date calendar and record of all sales activity
- Miscellaneous duties as required by Divisional Vice President (DVP)
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years' direct point of sale life insurance wholesaling experience and /or individual life retail sales/retail sales management experience
- Prudential internal candidates must have the required minimum of 5 years' sales experience OR must have at least 2 years' experience as a Prudential Regional Marketing Specialist with demonstrated readiness for progression to an RSVP role
- Thorough knowledge of advanced sales concepts and life insurance marketplace
- Strong presentation and seminar selling skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively
- Ability to work with other financial professionals on joint sales calls
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated adaptability and resourcefulness
- Ability to leverage the organization, business and financial knowledge
- FINRA Series 6/7 and Series 63/66 Registrations and State Life & Health Insurance license required
- Position requires travel at least 75% of the time
- Professional designations (e.g., CFP, CLU, ChFC)
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.