Locations: Sales - CA - San Francisco, United States of America, San Francisco, California
Regional Vice President, Commercial Card Sales
The Regional Vice President of Commercial Card Sales will lead Capital One’s Commercial Card Sales organization in the Western United States. This is an exciting time to join a newly created Commercial Card organization within Capital One’s Commercial Bank. This sales leadership role will report directly to the Head of Commercial Card Sales and will be responsible for achieving overall revenue and financial objectives for the organization, recruiting, onboarding, and training of new sales officers and leaders, and day-to-day leadership of the region. This individual will serve as a key member of the Commercial Card Sales leadership team and will be integral to the ongoing development of the organization’s strategy and objectives.
- Day-to-day leadership including coaching and managing a team of associates, providing strategic direction for the organization, managing overall performance of team, budgeting, expense management, etc.
- Develop a winning culture that rewards and recognizes associates for their contributions and reinforces Capital One values.
- Responsible for managing the workflow/scheduling of the team, employee counseling and performanceproblems/resolutions,preparation of mid-year and annual associate review(s), determining and fulfilling training needs, interviewing and recommending new hires, promotions, demotions, terminations, and salary adjustments.
- Preparation and delivery of regular financial and performance updates to senior leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with various teams within Capital One including product management, Treasury Management and Small Business Card to create strong partnerships that enhance the overall customer experience.
- Ensure that all customer and prospect interactions are conducted in accordance with Capital One legal, compliance with Bank standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide client-facing leadership for strategic deals and customer support
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing in the market served.
- Plan the upcoming year's growth for the Eastern Region through the development of a business plan in alignment with Commercial Card’s budget and consistent with overall team objectives.
- Acts as a mentor to more junior Sales Leaders. Acts as an agent to help drive the Commercial Card strategy for the group.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, telephone and PC Skills
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate with all levels and groups
- Makes sound independent decisions, and demonstrates sound judgment to seek senior support or expertise when needed.
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong track record of sales management skills including recruiting, training, and coaching
- Experience selling within treasury management or procurement, including:
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Procure to Pay process
- Accounts Payable
- Commercial Card
- Invoice Management
- Payment Automation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 5 years of sales leadership experience within a business to business sales organization
- A Master's in Business Administration
- 10 years of sales leadership experience within a business to business sales organization
- 5 years of Commercial Card product sales leadership
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.