Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Regional Vice President of Finance in Long Beach, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers and growing sales with commercial and research labs, pharmaceutical companies, universities, and also manufacturing and aerospace companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Regional Vice President of Finance!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! JOB SUMMARY:
The Vice President - Finance ("VP - Finance") is responsible for providing business support and financial leadership to the Regional Company management team and field organization. This position will provide leadership within the organization for the development and continuous improvement operationally to continue to expand profitability. The VP - Finance will be responsible for budgeting and forecasting, pricing analysis, customer and segment profitability, capital expenditures, acquisition analysis and due diligence, inventory management, cylinder/asset management, certain compliance related activities, and other ad hoc analysis. The VP - Finance will closely interact with the Division CFO and Director of FP&A function to provide analyses and insight related to Regional Company trends in such areas as: same-store sales; sales by major product group; pricing; margins; operating costs and capital expenditures. This will require a seasoned professional that is data savvy and must possess exceptionally strong analytical skills. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report and analyze financial and operating metrics, such as same-store sales, gross margin, operating expenses, asset utilization, capital expenditures, etc.
- Utilize the various business reports and metrics to evaluate, interpret, and provide critical information in support of management with strategic and operating decisions.
- Manage the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes, working closely with Division finance support teams.
- Provide leadership for inventory control and cylinder control group.
- Manage local compensation programs to include Gainsharing & various Commission programs.
- Work closely with the Division finance support teams to better understand historical financial results, trends and validate forecast assumptions.
- Perform extensive financial modeling in support of the Division as well as Corporate FP&A.
- Build strong relationships with the Division management teams.
- Responsible for compliance of Company policies and procedures at the local level, evaluate and provide feedback for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide leadership for acquisition due diligence and integration.
- Coordinate field audit activities regarding internal controls, SOP compliance and SOX compliance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The VP- Finance will have established a proven track record of success in prior accounting/finance roles.
- This position must be able to build effective relationships with all levels and roles in the organization
- To be successful, the VP - Finance must possess exceptionally strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage
- a wide variety of data and related computer tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the leadership skills required to drive continuous improvement of processes.
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong organizational, team-building, and communication skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Vision, creativity and a quality mindset.
P HYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years financial reporting/financial analysis experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Management experience, including people development skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between divisional and local management and demands.
- Experience with ERP system development/implementation a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- Ability to conduct business travel frequently.
- Able to talk, bear, walk sit; use bands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.