Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Regional Vice President of Finance in Long Beach, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers and growing sales with commercial and research labs, pharmaceutical companies, universities, and also manufacturing and aerospace companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Regional Vice President of Finance!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! JOB SUMMARY:
The Vice President- Finance ("VP - Finance") is responsible for providing business support and financial leadership to the Regional Company ("RC") management team and Field organization.
This position will provide leadership within the organization to develop and help drive continuous operational improvements and expand profitability. The VP-Finance is the Financial Leader of the RC and is responsible for timely execution and completion of the RC's monthly close cycle and all balance sheet reconciliations and will assure that all accounting transactions in the computer system are performed in accordance with GAAP and will also assure compliance with all Airgas Accounting Policies and Procedures.
Additional responsibilities of the VP of Finance are as follows:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing accurate and timely financial reporting as well as safe-guarding the assets of the Company.
- Budgeting and forecasting, pricing analysis, customer and segment profitability, capital expenditures, acquisition analysis and due diligence, inventory management, cylinder/asset management, certain compliance related activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Closely interact with the RC President and the Division Financial Leader to provide analyses and insight related to the RC trends in the following areas:
- Same store sales; sales by major product group; pricing margins;operating costs and capital expenditures.
- Execution of the monthly close cycle , reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, timely and accurate financial reporting
- Report and analyze financial and operating metrics , such as sam e - s tore sales , gross margins , operating expenses , asset utilization , capital expenditure s , etc.
- Utilize the various business reports and metrics to evaluate , interpre t , and provide critical information in support of strategic and operating decisions.
- Facilitate and support product price increase processe s while providing support and analysi s for sales and marketing related to customer price realization (i.e., m easurement of periodic price increases and other pricing initiatives designed to enhance profitabi l it y ).
- Manage the completion of the annual budgeting process along with quarterly forecasting processes,
- Work closely with and communicate openly with the Division Financial Leader.
- Provide leadership in all financial functions in the RC including, but not limited to, inventory and inventory control, cylinders and cylinder control , distribution , sales management, Operations Managemen t , and so on.
- Provide management and oversight of the local compensation programs to include gain sharing & various commission programs that run through the payroll functio n .
- Work closely with the Division Financial Leader to facilitate an understanding of historical financial results , trends and the validation of forecast assumptions.
- Perform extensive financial modeling.
- Build strong relationships with the RC Management teams.
- Responsible for compliance to GAAP and all Airgas Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Support and resource continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage and provide leadership for acquisition due diligence and integration.
- Manage and oversee field audit activities regarding internal controls , SOP c ompliance and SOX compliance, as neede d .
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The VP- Finance will have established a proven track record of success in prior accounting/finance roles.
- This position must be able to build effective relationships with all levels and roles in the organization
- To be successful, the VP - Finance must possess exceptionally strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of bow to leverage financial data to drive effectiveness and efficiencies within the organization.
- The successful candidate must possess and demonstrate the superior leadership skills
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong financial, organizational, team-building, and communication skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, managerial skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Vision, creativity and a quality mindset.
P HYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in leadership capacity in a financial/accounting roles demonstrating positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience in managing multiple departments and cross-functional teams, including people development skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle, SAP and/or other ERP systems a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- Ability to conduct business travel frequently.
- Able to talk, bear, walk sit; use bands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.