Please apply directly at: https://internal-syscoguestsupply.icims.com/jobs/1305/regional-vice-president/job Position Summary:
The Regional Vice President (RVP) is responsible for the development and performance of all sales management and sales associates in the assigned markets and ensures their clear understanding of the Company's vision and mission statement. The RVP provides leadership, strategic planning and monitoring of all sales activities to ensure the regional organization achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with the Company's vision and goals. This leader establishes, plans and jointly builds strategies with their sales management team to increase sales revenue from current clients and new client acquisitions. Primary Responsbilities (Essential Functions):
- Directly responsible for the Company's revenue and profitability for assigned region. Create and manage regional sales team budgets. Ensure all Regional Sales Directors (RSDs), District Sales Managers (DSMs) and Territory Managers (TMs) have a clear understanding of their markets while focusing on competition and how SGS is positioned and measured.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new properties and ensuring that rolling forecasts are planned from the TM, DSM, and RSD to the RVP.
- Monitor RSDs, DSMs and TMs sales activity, track account penetration, gross margins, case growth, and AR status. Monitoring should include performance by brand, product class, and CEM penetration.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market to ensure attainment of company sales goals, profitability and team accountability. Plan should include the following: Staffing requirements, including recruitment and assigned locations,Sales goals by quarter and by fiscal year,Sales goals by product line & hotel brand,Planned training sessions for the RSDs, DSMs and TMs,Set minimum standards for RSDs and DSMs field time and training,Weekly one-on-one call with each RSD and DSM to review their performance, discuss open issues, and provide guidance,Establish and track accountability expectations across all levels,Identify market opportunities and deploy sales resources accordingly,Prospect and customer assignments
- Provide ongoing, open communication regarding company initiatives, new lines, sales strategies, etc.
- Work with all operating divisions that support the sales organization to create and ensure a collaborative work environment
- Hold Regional Sales Directors (RSDs) and District Sales Managers (DSMs) accountable for recruiting Territory Managers (TMs), selecting, training, assigning territories, scheduling field time, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts.
- Communicate job expectations to all levels of sales: planning requirements, sales reporting, reviewing job contributions, reviewing compensation goals and developing actions to attain goals as well as enforcing policies and procedures
- Responsible for the performance and development of the RSDs, DSMs and TMs. Conduct one-on-one review with all DSMs to understand training and development needs and to provide insight for the improvement of their staff. Perform formal review at the end of each fiscal year and a condensed version quarterly.
- Ensure sales meetings are planned regularly by Region and District.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans and sales deployment to penetrate markets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed by manufacturer or product
- Ensure DSDs, DSMs and TMs having productive working relationships with the proper vendor partners.
- Provide direction, support and training to the Customer Service Manager (CSM) and Customer Service Representatives. Work with CSM on issues that get escalated as well as put together programs that better support external and internal customers.
Talent Management - Spearhead the recruitment, motivation, development of the sales management team and instill a culture of accountability, performance based management, teamwork and other best practices to achieve the goals of the organization. Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to managers on progress towards goals. Coach and develop management in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Counsel and direct management on handling employee relations, staffing, disciplinary actions and maintaining a positive work environment. Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement. Participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary. Promote continuous training and development of associates. Lead and facilitate change management in support of organizational goals. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate. Qualifications:
Minimum Education, Inc
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration.
Minimum Experience (Years & Type of Experience)
- 5+ yrs. of sales management experience in B2B market segment.
- 2-3 yrs. field sales experience, , preferably in top tier, branded fast moving consumer goods or hospitality industry.
- Proven record of sales success and history of sales management accomplishments.
- Experience managing remotes sales team preferred.
Skills and Abilities (Type & Proficiency)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Proven track record of success in effectively managing across a diverse and sophisticated customer base - understanding and being able to leverage key customer initiatives and drives.
- In-depth understanding of the key components of the sales and business marketing functions with a background of achievement in strategic and business planning, sales & profit growth and financial management.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and professional interactive skills, as well as strong presentation, negotiation closing and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build, grow and inspire individuals and teams and manage effectively up, down and across an organization. Collaborative management style. Work alongside individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding teams accountable for forecasts and other sales objectives. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization. Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
- Well-developed strategic planning, business and financial management skills (i.e., pricing, forecasting, budget planning, etc.).
- Organizational change-agent who possesses a comprehensive understanding of the most sophisticated and progressive sales approaches currently in use by B2B oriented companies that distribute via direct channels of distribution. A history of leading positive change efforts that have driven organizational growth.
- Strong analytical and technology skills in using sales productivity, performance, gross margin and other related data.
- Fact-based decision making style and the type of senior executive who comes to the table with a pragmatic view of the marketplace and the opportunities within it, but who also recommends solutions at both a strategic and functional level.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service - Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Aptitude for processing information and incorporating feedback for interactive business conversation.
- Professional demeanor, vibrant personality and the ability to instill trust with assigned sales team, customers and prospects. Computer literacy that includes maintain a customer database, Internet navigation and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Familiarity with Phocas, PeopleSoft, GForce and Salesforce.com a plus.
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position requires frequent travel (approx. 25%) to and from customer locations, staff meetings, company events, training sessions, and key customer tradeshows that may require standing for long periods of time. Must possess a valid passport for international travel, as needed.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Please apply directly at: https://internal-syscoguestsupply.icims.com/jobs/1305/regional-vice-president/job
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco Guest Supplyis proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Guest Supply. This is not a Corporate position. All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Sysco Guest Supply.