Medical City North Hills Registered Nurse- RN Intensive Care Unit Schedule - 7p-7a
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. North Hills also has Disease Specific Certification by the Joint Commission for hip, knee, shoulder and cardiac service lines and we are a designated Level IV trauma center. Our specialty services and honors include being the first hospital in the U.S. to have a Cycle 4 Chest Pain Center and the first in North Texas to attain Cycle 5 accreditation. We have Primary Stroke Center certification by the Joint Commission and also specialize in total joint replacement and cardiac care. North Hills Hospital is a part of HCA .
We are currently looking to add an ICU/ Intensive Care Unit RN to our team.
The RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Intensive Care Unit / ICU
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as an RN required
- Current certification as a BLS.
- A minimum of 1 year ICU/ Intensive Care Unit RN experience
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom