Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is licensed for 116 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures.
Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
The Registered Charge Nurse
has advanced leadership skills and is responsible for the coordination of unit operations during a particular shift. In this leadership role, the RN Charge Nurse promotes collaboration among all members of the team. The Charge Nurse role models and promotes Methodist Excellence (ME) standards of behavior while providing optimal patient care. Makes appropriate patient care assignments and is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction; in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Essential Job Functions
Additional Job Functions
- Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies, and formulates an appropriate staff assignment plan.
- Serves as the primary decision maker for clinical operations during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/mix according to the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
- Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit, to other nursing personnel, physicians, and other members of the team. Ensures evidence-based care measures are followed and demonstrates effective clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently demonstrates ME standards of behavior and holds staff accountable for the same.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor for the unit and actively participates in unit based meetings.
- Participates in interviewing and recruiting new personnel.
- Cross trains for other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Facilitates the promotion of teamwork .
- Assists in monitoring productivity, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Preferred: B achelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Note: Verification of high school graduation/GED is required for those who completed nursing diploma programs.
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nurse in the state of Texas. (required)
- Certification in area of specialty (preferred)
- One (1) year clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.