Registered Charge Nurse Intensive Care Unit University Hospital & Medical Center
Tamarac, FL Facility Description:
At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 40 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
- Demonstrates ability to perform assessment, interventions, care, treatment, and education based on defined age specific annual competency
- Demonstrates awareness of and respect for patient/family needs in relation to rights, confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs
- Participates in the process for resolution of ethical issues.
- Initiates an ethics consult, based on identified need
- Maintains active communication between members of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient
- Serves as an advocate and encourages patient/family participation in decisions affecting the Plan of Care.
- Florida RN license Required
- BLS and ACLS issued by the American heart association
- 1-3 years of experience in critical care preferred
- CCRN preferred
- Charge Experience Required ICU