The Las Palmas Del Sol Free Standing Emergency Department (FSED) on the west side of El Paso, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is located at 1535 N. Resler.
The Las Palmas Del Sol Emergency Center features 9 multipurpose exam rooms (one of which is a trauma room); a CT scanner, a diagnostic radiology machine, ultrasound, and its own stat lab for onsite immediate results. The onsite medical team is able to treat all urgent and emergent medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine injuries, respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration, orthopedic injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require sutures. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, operates Cat Scan equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic radiographs in a safe manner and performs related duties. POPULATION SERVED:
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served; imaging with and without contrast of cardio-pulmonary, vascular, neuro, GI, GU, GYN, skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases including but not limited to: PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, HNP, oncology, etc. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Operates C.T. equipment to make radiographic scans of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data. Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
- Records and maintains data on magnetic disc, tape, PACS, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of film, including side and radiological factors.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Arranges, attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in patient comfort.
- Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of diagnostic Cat Scan by reading technical journals, participating in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
ARRT examination with a current TDH license to practice radiographic technology.
ARRT CT credential
Current CPR certification required. REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
High School Graduate.
Knowledge of axial anatomy and background in special procedures, E.I. biopsies, and basis knowledge of catheter and biopsy needles, etc. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of radiographic physics,
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
- Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic procedures.
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of Cat Scan equipment.
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom