Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference. Description
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on the Aramark Education and Global Operational Excellence Food Management Process. Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Maintain compliance with all requirements of Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines. Maintain all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure compliance to Aramark's food safety, sanitation, and overall occupational workplace safety standards by maintaining a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Support diet restrictions and physician orders by developing menus supporting dietary care plans. Provides nutritional counseling for school nurses as needed for student diet orders and support parental involvement as necessary.
- Supervise, train and maintain process of food production, preparation, presentation, quality, and cost control to ensure that a consistent product is produced which conforms to all established standards. Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met at the front line level.
- Assist in menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing through the software production system, meal acceptability, inventory, ordering, generation of food production sheets and standardized recipes. Manage commodity foods to procure the best quality product for the client and maximize savings opportunity while ensuring proper crediting and tracking of all USDA commodities.
- Drive customer satisfaction, and maintain client relationships through professionalism. Conduct evaluations and investigate program concerns while providing recommendations to improve service and quality.
- Support all Aramark brands and promotional standards while also creating local promotions to highlight the partnership, improve meal participation, employee morale and to involve students and customers in our day-to-day business. Supports nutrition education by promoting healthy eating habits in the classroom.
- Establish and maintain effective community relations through the component's community outreach plan to educate and connect with parents and community leaders; coordinate activities and education within Community.
- Participate in appropriate food service committee meetings, student focus groups and client's Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) activities. Present to various partners through meetings, formal presentation and or nutrition education.
- Strive for local, state and national recognition of our programs through participation in health and wellness initiatives to include coordinate health programs, community involvement, grants, and employee wellness efforts within the department.
- Partner with the Region's Nutrition Center of Excellence Program; train employees on proper process and procedures to meet Nutrition Center of Excellence standards and maintain accountability for excellence at all levels
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the front line manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or comparable major.
- Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of not less than 900 hours.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days of hire.
- Must have an active Dietitian license with the state of Georgia or be eligible to secure license within 90 days of hire.
- Current or the ability to obtain ServSafe Food Safety Certification in order to support food production process within the kitchens.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience with food production, purchasing processes and daily foodservice operations and or comparable internship experience.
- Must have the ability to identify defects in the preparation and service of food and implement improved quality control procedures.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, client's customers, and support staff is essential for success in this role. Must have the ability to interact productively with students of all ages.
- Possess the skills to develop training programs from scratch and deliver via electronic media, on the job or through train the trainer methodology
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Obtain / Maintain required state licensure to practice dietetics.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.