Registered Nurse / RN Department: Antepartum / Gyn / Women's Services Work Schedule: FT Days, 7a-7p rotating weekends Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions.
Position Summary and Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers professional nursing care to all patients in Antepartum.
- Performs assessment and acuity assignment; follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care; maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions.
- Daily assignment of an RN may include supervision of other nursing personnel and/or students.
- The employee performs all services as they may relate to patient care/treatment with consideration for age/condition of patient.
- Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requires knowledge and ability necessary to: 1) exercise judgment within the guidelines of medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act; 2) assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care; 3) apply scientific knowledge, use a variety of equipment, and perform multiple technical procedures; 4) make discriminating observations; 5) function as a preceptor; and 6) ability to function as a charge nurse.
MCA is a 340 bed, acute care hospital located in South Arlington. MCA is accredited by The Joint Commission and is designated as the Official Hospital of the Texas Rangers. Representing more than 40 areas of specialized care, MCA provides a complete lineup of award-winning healthcare services.
Qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Over 4,300 deliveries each year in the dedicated women's tower.
- Newly renovated 29-bed antepartum and gynecologic surgery unit.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with 24/7 Neonatologists.
- Fetal Diagnostic Center - OB Emergency Department.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Program.
- Childbirth Education Classes.
- Lactation Consultants.
- Gynecologic Robotic Surgery.
- Current licensure as an RN with the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
- Current CPR, healthcare provider, issued by the American Heart Association REQUIRED.
- Current NRP issued by American Heart Association REQUIRED.
- Prefer one year of recent experience in Labor & Delivery.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom