West Florida Healthcare is proud to be the only hospital in the area to offer all private rooms
as well as the area's only Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility is also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and is the area's only accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, the area's only comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
For more information about the hospital, visit www.westfloridahospital.com
The nurse navigator oversees the program to support the navigation of patients through healthcare environments for optimization of care and outcomes. Will facilitate patient follow up in order to improve continuity of care and streamline the intervention process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Reviews patient case lists to identify patients that could benefit from program.
- Communicates with physicians about patients' potential for referral
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching plan.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures, medications and treatments.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Plans and delivers weekly status updates.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required or completion of bachelor's degree required within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required upon hire
- Minimum three (3) to (5) years cardiovascular experience strongly preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom