is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. Unit Description:
Surgical Services provides preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care for adult and pediatric patients, (no less than 3 months or 10 lbs). The operating suite consists of nine suites. The operating suite is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm Monday through Friday, and on call all other hours. Procedures performed in the Operating Room include general, ENT, oral, thoracic, vascular, urological, orthopedic, gynecological, cardiovascular and neurosurgical. Cases are pre-scheduled elective, urgent, and emergent. General, regional, moderate and local anesthesia is available. Patient care is provided under the direction of a nursing director, with responsibility and authority to carry out all established policies, and for providing overall direction in the quality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care provided. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the surgical process.
3. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
4. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
5. Functions in collaboration with and at direction of the surgeon being assisted.
6. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
7. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
8. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
9. Accurately records patient charges.
10. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
12. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
13. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
14. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
15. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
16. Follows direction from physician during surgical procedures.
17. Anticipates patient and physician needs in the Operating Room.
18. Other duties as assigned. Military & Spouses of Military are now being offered a New Hire Bonus
to join our HCA team of hospitals!!
HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families' success in the civilian work sector.
- Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran
- Minimum of 1 year experience or equivalent calculated experience in military or civilian setting.
- Preferred Military experience: Navy Hospital Corpsman, 66 Series Army Nurse/Medic, Coastguard Health Services Technician, Air Force 46 series Nurse or 4XXXX Series Enlisted Medical
Bonus Amount - 24 month commitment to an HCA facility
- RN - $5,000
- Surgical Tech - $3,000
- Paramedic - $2,500
** Qualified Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran (Registered Nurse, Certified Surgical Technicians and Paramedic) recruits will be eligible for a sign-on bonus when hired to join our HCA team of caregivers. Speak to a Recruiter for more details.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
• State of Florida RN License required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
• CNOR preferred
• Certification as RNFA preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Minimum 1 year previous experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course required SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of body substance isolation
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom