Registered Nurse / RN Dept: Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit / CVICU / ICU Work Schedule: FT Days Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions.
Delivers professional nursing care to various cardiovascular, neurovascular, pulmonary and other patient populations within the CVICU. Performs assessments, follows standards of care and disease specific protocols utilizing the Nursing Process in delivery of care. Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- BSN preferred.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Minimum of two years previous nursing experience in critical care or acute cardiovascular care area.
- Previous experience in charge nurse or other leadership role desirable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom