Cardiovascular Patient Navigator / Registered Nurse / RN Work Schedule: FT Days Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions.
To provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs through the Transition of Care Program. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration and function of case management, core measure review and management of discharge planning. Has accountability for the care, coordination and discharge planning of selected groups of Transition Program patients.
- Provides discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care and is discharged with the appropriate education to manage their diagnosis.
- Adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance, assist with data collection for the core measure information
- Working closely with social services/case management to assist with patient care, discharge, and home planning process. In addition working closely with other hospital departments, external service organization, agencies and healthcare facilities.
- Educates health care providers and physicians regarding the Transition of Care Program, related to core measures, resources utilization, and discharge planning.
- Serves as a patient advocate by developing relationships to maximize the patients and family's ability to make informed decisions. Maintain a record of patient's progress, changes in condition, medication and risks.
- Continues to follow patient with phone calls for a defined period of time.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform the assigned duties.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- 5 years of pervious nursing experience within the defined area.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Ability to think independently.
- Able to interpret complicated Government communications.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom