Registered Nurse Case Manager PRN
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It's our promise to you as part of Methodist Healthcare's half-century mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God by providing exceptional and cost-effective health care accessible to all. The hospital's services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital also received special recognition for Heart Care in 2013 by receiving the Women's Choice Award. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital received recognition in 2012 and 2013 as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients.
General Statement of Duties:
The Case Manager will work with patient/families identified to have discharge planning, psychosocial, financial or other needs to develop a plan that will:
1) Optimize functional and self-care abilities;
2) facilitate system access and appropriate utilization of services;
3) facilitate communication and coordination of efforts among health care team members; and
4) promote quality, cost effective outcomes. The Case Manager will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to develop a plan based on physical, psychosocial, educational and age related criteria
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assesses by interview and charts review discharge needs of all high-risk patients (and others referred). Identifies resources available to address the needs identified, coordinate referrals and document plan.
2. Utilize community resources to support patient's post hospital needs. Documents choice in available resources has been offered.
3. Performs admission and continued stay reviews. Provides clinical information to payers upon request for certification and reimbursement of care. Discusses alternate level of care with physician. Refers cases not meeting acute care criteria to Physician Advisor as needed.
4. Facilitates and or provides education of hospital staff, physicians, patients and caregivers for purposes of efficient resource utilization
5. Keeps current of requirements by JCAHO, HCFA and other state/federal agencies on provision of care, planning and documenting.
6. Tracks resource statistics to identify improvement opportunities. Attends medical staff and other hospital committee meetings to report findings.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
2. Experience: Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in area in which Case Management will be performed.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Prefer at least one year experience in utilization review, resource management, discharge planning or case management.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Current Texas licensure as a Registered Nurse
2. Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing