Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community. Position Summary:
To provide a number of qualified and experienced licensed RNs available for ad hoc assignments to assist in appropriate staffing of the facility. Following completion of orientation and training this role is eligible for a $5.00 per hour premium incentives. All staff must have two full years of acute care experience per specialty, no new grads.
Participants are to be oriented a maximum of two shifts per specialty if necessary.
All staff will be required to float to all of the following areas as defined:
• Adult Critical Care defined Adult ICU
• Adult IMC
• Cath Lab Recovery
• Chest Pain Unit
• Emergency Department Qualifications: Qualifications/Skills:
Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nevada.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
The incumbent in the Float Pool will need to meet the skill and competency matrix for any given unit of assignment.
Minimal Requirements for Adult Critical Care:
• Critical Care Course or Equivalent Ventilator Management
• Vasoactive Drip Titration
• Intra-aortic balloon pump
• CVVHD (continuous venous to venous hemodialysis) Trauma
Adult Med/Surg/Tele defined:
• Encompasses all medical and telemetry units Rehab Unit
• Patients held in other areas classified as Med/Tele patients
• Minimal Requirements for Med/Surg/Tele
• Basic Arrhythmia course
• Cardiac crisis
• Epidural Certification
• All areas
• PALS & NRP
• Ventilator Management
• Basic Arrhythmia
**Competencies will need to he demonstrated within six weeks of initial implementation.