Citrus Memorial Hospital - Registered Nurse - Charge RN - ICU
Are you looking to further your career as a Registered Nurse and became part of the leadership team? Become part of an awarding leadership team of Registered Nurse here in the ICU department at Citrus Memorial Hospital. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team of Charge Nurses. This Registered Nurse position is a FT Nights position for a Registered Nurse. We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurse on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurse take pride in nursing. Become a part of our team of Registered Nurse today.
The Critical Care Registered Nurse is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
The Charge Registered Nurse supervises nursing service activities in the area for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
• Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
• Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
• Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
• Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Citrus Memorial Hospital
Over the years, Citrus Memorial has seen a lot of growth. What started as a small hospital began to grow in the 1970s when a bed tower was added to the facility. After that addition, a boom began. A second bed tower, medical office building and primary care offices throughout the county were built. Two walk-in clinics, multiple rehabilitation centers and several laboratory collection centers later - Citrus Memorial has become the second largest employer in Citrus County and a beacon of hope for our community.
Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women's services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida. Today, Citrus Memorial Hospital includes:
• A 204-bed acute care hospital
• Heart and Vascular Center
• Orthopedic & Spine Center of Excellence
• Surgical Services
• 24-hour Emergency Room Care
• Women & Baby Center
• Primary Stroke Center
• Diagnostic Imaging
• Laboratory Services
• Rehabilitation Services
• Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
• Our Mission
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
As Florida's largest health care provider, HCA is dedicated to providing quality care and improving the health of the diverse communities we serve. In keeping with this commitment, we work in partnership with other organizations to provide a wide range of community benefit programs and services.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Registered Nurse and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.comQualifications: Requirements:
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year RN experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS & ACLS certifications).
- Previous Critical Care experience preferred
- CCRN Certification Preferred
- Lifting 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom