Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented - The Joint Replacement Academy - offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise-as part of Methodist Healthcare's mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
The Registered Charge Nurse III
has advanced leadership skills and is responsible for the coordination of unit operations during a particular shift. In this leadership role, the RN Charge Nurse promotes collaboration among all members of the team. The Charge Nurse role models and promotes Methodist Excellence (ME) standards of behavior while providing optimal patient care. Makes appropriate patient care assignments and is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction; in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Essential Job Functions
Additional Job Functions
- Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies, and formulates an appropriate staff assignment plan.
- Serves as the primary decision maker for clinical operations during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/mix according to the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
- Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit, to other nursing personnel, physicians, and other members of the team. Ensures evidence-based care measures are followed and demonstrates effective clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently demonstrates ME standards of behavior and holds staff accountable for the same.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor for the unit and actively participates in unit based meetings.
- Participates in interviewing and recruiting new personnel.
- Cross trains for other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Facilitates the promotion of teamwork .
- Assists in monitoring productivity, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Preferred: B achelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Note: Verification of high school graduation/GED is required for those who completed nursing diploma programs.
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nurse in the state of Texas. (required)
- Certification in area of specialty (preferred)
All of the following:
1) One (1) year clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
2) Approved for and maintains requirements of the MHS Nursing Clinical Excellence program RN level III
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom