Registered Nurse RN Critical Care UnitFull-Time Nights - Rotating Weekends
Sign on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions
The Critical Care RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Medical City Plano
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
is a full-service, 497-bed acute-care facility with more than 1,600 employees and over 1000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. Our main campus in the heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center, an emergency and Level 1 trauma center, a radiology/imaging center, a comprehensive cardiovascular program, the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement, The Bariatric Institute, Wound Care Center and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit.
to meet some of our team and to learn more about Medical City Plano!Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications include:
Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum one year hospital ICU or CCU experience required