St Lucie Medical Center, Darwin Off Site ED
RN, ED, PRN, .001 FTE St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie has also been voted as a top five "Destination Hospital for Nurses." With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS, ACLS, PALS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Previous ED experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom