Registered Nurse / RN Dept: Day Surgery Work Schedule: Part Time, Weekdays only
Delivers professional nursing care to patient population in outpatient surgery. Performs assessments, acuity assignments, and follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care. Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions.
- Responsible for delivery of professional nursing care for assigned patients; performs nursing assessment, care plan implementation, and evaluation of treatments, and discharge planning.
- Coordinates care with interdisciplinary team members and ancillary services.
- Responsible for delegation within scope of practice to provide safe and effective care to patient population.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform the assigned duties of caring for patients.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Prefer one year of recent experience.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom