RN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT FULL TIME 7P FTE 0.9
JFK North Campus, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 250-bed acute care facility with over 30 years' experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
JFK North Campus has been named one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. Only 14% of the nation's hospitals receive this honor. Additionally, our stroke program holds a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission and has earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award." These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees' commitment to clinical excellence. Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure Florida state Registered Nurse
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS Healthcare Provider certifications
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom