FT NIGHTS 7P - 7A
Provides, assists and supervises direct nursing care to patients, in accordance with physicians' orders, recognized nursing techniques, procedures, established standards and administrative policies. Utilizes the nursing process in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
1. Minimum of 1 year medical - surgical experience preferred
2. Minimum 1 year ED experience preferred
1. Current Florida Nursing License
2. Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support card.
3. ACLS certification required (or by completion of 30 days of employment)
4. PALS certification required (or by completion of first three months of employment)
5. Advanced certification such as, CEN, TNCC, etc preferred.
1. Promotion to Charge Nurse
2. Promotion to Director Emergency Services.
AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACT
The registered professional nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of his/her assigned patients. He/She is also responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position. The ability to retrieve, communicate, or otherwise present information in a written, auditory, or visual fashion is essential. The primary method to express or exchange ideas is through the spoken word. Written, telephone, and manual dexterity skills are required for the position.
Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity necessary to manipulate instruments and equipment; visual and aural acuity to detect changes in patients conditions. Constant walking during work periods. Turning, stooping, bending, stretching, lifting to assist patients, make beds, move equipment and perform related tasks. Any tasks involved with putting away supplies or equipment exceeding 50 pounds will require assistance.
Current State of Florida RN licenseACLS, BLS and PALS certification
CEN and TNCC preferred
Minimum one year Med/Surg/Tele RN experience preferred
Minimum one year Emergency Room RN experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom