Raulerson Hospital Okeechobee, FL RN, ED, ER, FT, Nights, 0.9 FTE $5,000 Sign on/relocation assistance may be available to qualified candidates. Please, inquire with Recruiter. Facility Description:
For more than 34 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing our community quality healthcare with a personal touch. Raulerson is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. We are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family.
About the area...
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Emergency Department RN
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS, ACLS, PALS Healthcare Provider.
- Previous ED experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom