West Hills Hospital & Medical Center
is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. HealthGrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission. Mission:
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Vision:
To be the hospital of choice in our community. Job Summary
A Registered Nurse- First Assistant (RNFA) may be credentialed as an Allied Health Professional with privileges to first assist on surgical procedures under the direct supervision and sponsorship of a Surgeon who is a member of the Medical Staff of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center. A letter of sponsorship from the employing Surgeon is required if the RNFA is not employed by the hospital. The RNFA is responsible to the employing Physician and West Hills Hospital & Medical Center , and will not function as a Scrub Nurse while functioning as an RNFA. This position will comply with all existing Operating Room protocols. Termination of privileges of the sponsoring Surgeon will result in automatic termination of privileges for the RNFA.
* This is a Full Time (day shift) position.Qualifications: Education/Certificates/Licenses:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing .
- Minimum of two (2) current years of diversified Operating Room experience.
- Completion of an accredited course in RN First Assisting, including didactic and preceptor training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in applying principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Proficient in perioperative nursing practice, both as a Scrub Nurse and Circulating Nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative techniques relative to procedures wherein the RFNA assists.
- California Registered Nurse licensure, current Operating Room Nurse certification, and current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification required.
- Must also meet requirements, statuses, regulations, and Hospital policies and procedures relevant to RNFA.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom