Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for! Position: Part Time Nights
Department Information (AOS) :
- 22 private rooms on the 4th floor of Tower II on the Sunrise campus
- Sleep area for a family member in every patient room
- All rooms wired for telemetry monitoring
- Aesthetically pleasing environment with a quiet, secluded feeling that offers warmth and comfort to patients and visitors
- An experienced staff knowledgeable in the latest treatments, techniques and patient amenities
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator and volunteers on-site as needed to assist patients and their families throughout their hospital stay
- Open during visiting hours
- Chemotherapy administered by registered nurses with specialized training
- Clinical pharmacists are specially trained in chemotherapy
- Urology Certified Registered Nurse
- A Cancer Resource Center that provides information on diagnosis and treatment for patients and their families
- All rooms have wi-fi connectivity
- Our Cancer Care program at Sunrise is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the Commission on Cancer as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program (the only such program in Las Vegas), which means our program meets stringent criteria for services and quality
The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
NOTE: Upon submitting your application, you will receive an assessment that must be completed. Please check your spam folder if you do receive this in your regular e-mail box.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Nevada.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom